As a Santa Barbara Overhead Door Service Technician you will provide quality installations and reliable service of garage doors, and openers
- Measure the opening(s) and identify proper materials ordered/received
- Remove existing door, prepare opening, and install new door and/or operator
- Sticker door and operator with Safety and Company information
- Remove all door packaging debris and sweep area clean of nuts/bolts etc.
- Review installation with customer, go over door and operator function and safety features
- Checking safety equipment on all operators
- Checking for proper spring tension and balance on doors
- Checking all set screws on coupler and sprockets, rollers, cables and track settings
- Unload trucks and dispose of trash /recycle properly
- Maintain a clean shop – return unused stock to proper place
- Maintain a clean truck – maintain Fuel and Fluid levels and report any mechanical issues immediately
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Full time Consistent Reliable Work Monday – Friday with rotating 24 hour program
- Review job worksheets, properly load materials needed for successful installation
- Plan your departure time so as to arrive at the customer’s residence within scheduled time
- Accurately record information on Paperwork including materials used, moneys collected, and further repairs needed and make sure it is turned in at the end of every day
- Assessing the root cause of the problem (not simply fixing the issue) is the goal
- Directing the activities of a helper assigned to the job for assistance
- Answer questions and monitor helper’s actions for safety
- Act as the primary interface to the customer representative for with respect to any questions, directives, or problem resolution
- Work safely and wear personal Protective Equipment , use tool guards when needed
- Communicate clearly with Team Leader any customer concerns or need for follow- up
- Strong Desire to learn and grow in an essential service based trade career.
- Heavy lifting and range of motion required.
- Proficient use of hand and power tools
- Honest, reliable, able to climb ladders and work with framing and/or electrical construction
511 E Gutierrez Street
Santa Barbara, CA 93103